MailUp allows creating content sources that, automatically and on a regular basis, retrieve external content and make it available into the platform. This content can be used to create automated Campaigns or directly in the drag&drop editor while creating a new message.
To create a new Source follow this path: Automation > Content > Sources and finally click on the button "New Source".
You can now choose if you want to create a new source using an RSS/ATOM feed (URL) or by uploading a .csv, .json or a .zip (FILE).
Select URL to import contents, automatically and on a regular basis, from a URL.
To set a new source:
- Insert Source name
- Add the RSS/ATOM feed URL from which you want to retrieve content from
- Set content update frequency, choosing among:
- When new content is available (checked every 10 minutes)
- every N minutes
- every N hours
- Decide how to handle existing content: you can replace existing ones or simply add new contents.
Once all parameters are set, select save. The page will automatically refresh showing the number of content retrieved and when the next update will be.
If the URL inserted is not valid, an alert will warn you to check if it is correct.
What content does MailUp look for?
You can import the following items:
- Title: content title
- Summary: content short description
- Image: link of the image, hosted on your website, to be retrieved
- LinkURL: main URL, where is the content itself
- LinkText: text in the URL
- ContentDate: publishing date or a date you want to associate to the content
- ContentKey: keyword to identify each content (it can be used to update an existing content or in the search bar in the page View contents)
- Category: content category
Now that you have created a new content source, you can use it: