You can use MailUp as a messaging platform for sending out text messages. Features include: message delivery date/time stamp, detailed delivery errors (if any), statistics, automation and more.
Different settings apply depending on whether you ask that your account is set up to send messages in the USA or outside of the USA.
- In the USA:
- MailUp uses a shared short code (51303)
- You must associate a unique keyword with your account
- You can have multiple keywords (each keyword = one list of SMS subscribers).
- There are several restrictions on what language messages should contain, etc. See below for details.
- Outside of the USA:
- A short code is not used: you will send using your long number or an alphanumeric string.
- Keywords are not used.
- Language requirements are not enforced in messages sent through the platform, but you should consult your local authority to ensure that you comply with local regulations.
Creating a text message
- 160 characters (up to 459 characters in most of the countries with 3 concatenated messages)
- You can use dynamic fields to personalize the message. For example: « Dear [name], check out our new…» with default values that are used when the dynamic fields are empty in the database.
- Multiple charset support, including Chinese and Cyrillic.
Sending a text message
- Messages get there fast (low latency), even if the recipient's number has been transferred to a new carrier (direct connection to the MSC - Mobile Switching Center);
- Sender can change with each campaign (text and number): this only applies in some countries.
- You can send messages in over 200 countries: again, different settings and features apply if you are sending in the US or elsewhere;
- View the send queue's status in real time;
- Pause the campaign, edit the message, and resume with the edited message (if needed).
Automated and scheduled
- Create automatic, event-based messages (e.g. text message on customer's birthday, or when an insurance policy is about to expire);
- Schedule different campaigns, of different messages, on different dates/times.
- Reports: detailed campaign report: delivery report for each successful text message, with date/time stamp; indication of which messages were not delivered and why; aggregate statistics on all text messaging campaigns run over time.
- Privacy: run campaigns that are fully compliant with privacy regulations, with full confidence that any data loaded into the system will never be used for any other purpose.
- Reselling: the platform can be whitelabeled. Buy one only credits package and allocate credits to multiple clients.
Getting Set up
If you wish to use MailUp as an international platform:
1) You must agree to MailUp,Inc.'s Terms and Conditions of Use, even if operating outside the US. At the same time, you must be sure to read and comply with any country's own SMS policies.
2) Purchases are in US Dollars only. To purchase in Euros, you must contact email@example.com
- Set up a MailUp trial account if you don't already have one by requesting a free trial here
- If you want to test before purchasing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will load test credits.
- Purchase credits: http://www.mailup.com/credits.htm
- Once your order has been approved, SMS credits will be allocated to your account
3) Only if delivering marketing messages towards USA recipients:
- Make sure to let your account representative know: your MailUp account has to be configured for "US SMS" with a shortcode.
- Wait until you receive confirmation from your account representative that the account has been properly setup