About configuring SMTP+ messages
In this section you can enable/disable some parameters that apply to all SMTP+ messages in the list:
- Message header: enables or disables a header that will be added to all the SMTP+ messages in the list
- Message footer: enables or disables a footer that will be added to all the SMTP+ messages in the list
- Set as default settings: if enabled, this feature uses the settings for this list as default settings when creating a new list
- Open tracking: enables/disables open tracking. Opens are tracked when the user views the message, giving you a real-time statistical tool.
- Click tracking: enables/disables link tracking, i.e. the tracking of whether the recipients click on the link in the message or not.
- Unsubscribe settings: allows you to go straight to the page in which you edit the unsubscription options, i.e. you choose the method recipients will use to unsubscribe from your newsletters.
SMTP+ options apply to all SMTP+ users and are list-specific. If you have within your team different users that work within different lists, you will need to create a SMTP+ user for each list
Using a reply-to address different from the sender address
The use, inside the header of messages sent with SMTP+, of a reply-to address different from the FROM email address must be enabled by MailUp. If you need this, please contact our support team by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom configurations for developers
If you are using SMTP+ from an application, please see: Using SMTP relay from your application
There you will find sample code and other technical references for taking full advantage of SMTP+ from within your application.
- SMTP+ overview
- configuring SMTP+, server and users
- decide how to aggregate the data related to SMTP+ messages for statistical purposes
- set and customize the notifications sent by the SMTP+ feature to your users
- view the send status of SMTP+ messages