When you configure the MailUp extension for Magento, you can indicate how often you want the system to gather customer data and pass it to MailUp.
- See how to configure the extension
- The information passed to MailUp includes these ecommerce-specific data fields
When and which data is transferred to MailUp
Customer and order data is not transferred to MailUp in all cases in which the store communicates with the MailUp system. Here is a breakdown of when the store communicates with MailUp, and which data is pushed to MailUp.
|Customer places an order||If customer opts in during checkout, it is added to MailUp||Customer email only|
|Customer updates newsletter opt-in preference||If a customer updates the newsletter subscription preferences in the Magento storefront, that preference is updated in MailUp||Subscription preference only|
|Automatic data sync||Data is gathered at regular intervals in Magento and pushed to MailUp||All mapped fields|
|Manual sync/segmentation||When using the Sync/Segment Customers in Magento, customers and filtered and then pushed to MailUp|
All mapped fields
Automated post-purchase campaigns
The fact that updated customer and order information becomes available in MailUp allows you to leverage Triggered Messages to send automated, targeted emails to your customers.
One area can have a substantial impact on sales is post-purchase campaigns. For example, you could configure MailUp to send a discount to a customer 30 days after the latest purchase date.
In MailUp you can create all sorts of automated campaigns by leveraging:
Note on date format
The date format used in the data that is exported to MailUp (E.g. order date) is always dd/mm/yyyy.
- This is true both for the data that is exported automatically (e.g. hourly data transfer from Magento to MailUp) and manually (using the customer segmentation feature of the extension)
- Keep this into account when configuring triggered messages in your MailUp account.
- Note that the date shown in Magento will reflect the Locale of the store (e.g. a US-based store will use dates in the mm/dd/yyyy format when using the customer segmentation feature of the extension)
Back to an overview of the MailUp Extension for Magento.