For more information on responsive templates, check out this blog post.
Issue locating a template
If you are having issues finding a template, try other lists in your account: templates are list-specific, and you may have saved it in a different list from that in which you are currently working.
Moving a template to a different list
If you want to copy a template to another list, the easiest way is to copy and paste the html code.
- Load an existing template
- In the HTML editor, switch to HTML view and copy the code
- Create a new template in the List in which you wish to use it, switch to HTML view in the message editor and paste the HTML code that you just copied.
- Remember that you can also create a template from an existing email message, as mentioned above. .
Template does not display correctly or browser hangs when viewing it
If your browser behaves strangely when viewing a template (or if it hangs when doing so), this may be due to non-standard HTML code used in a custom template that you or someone else on your staff added to the system.
This can happen when copying and pasting text and images from MS Word, for example.
In this kind of scenario, you will need to "clean" the HTML code. Try this:
- Locate the template under Settings > List Settings > Templates > List
- Edit the template by clicking on the Edit icon
- Switch the message editor to HTML view
- Select the entire code and cut & paste it into a blank Notepad file
- Go back to the message editor, switch to design view, and click on Paste from Word in the Paste menu.
You can also try "cleaning" the code by using a separate tool. Many HTML editors include a feature to do so.