You can create multiple Lists in your account, and then segment recipients within a List using Groups (or Filters that are a sort of dynamic groups).
Each List is an independent environment within your account, made up of settings, administrators, messages, templates, campaigns, groups, filters, triggered messages, statistics, etc.
- A recipient can be assigned to more than one List at the same time: if he/she clicks on the Unsubscribe button of one newsletter he/she will still remain subscribed to all other Lists.
- If you delete a recipient from a List, they are permanently removed from that List. However, they will remain part of other Lists in your console.
- The subscriber status of a recipient can only be changed at the List level. (Subscribed, Unsubscribed, Pending.)
If you want to segment users within a List, it is useful to create Groups.
- When you import contacts to a List, different sets of recipients can be assigned to one or more groups.
- You cannot send a message to multiple Lists at the same time. Instead, you can send the same message to more than one Group within that List.
- A group can be created or deleted at any time and the contact information that it contains will not be affected.
- A group will only be assigned to one List and will not be automatically assigned to other Lists.
- If you remove a recipient from one group, they still belong to the other groups in which they were assigned.
- Use different lists when managing different types of communications (ie press release, partners newsletter, blog alerts... or different brands, different languages)
- Use a different sender address for each list
- Do not use a news list for each new emailing