Update Nov 2017: API keys can be created through the main account, so the activation of a developer account is no more mandatory. You have to activate it only if you really need it (see use cases belowat the bottom of this page).
|Table of Contents|
What are API keys?
- Log in to MailUp with an "admin" account,
- then go to Settings >
- After pressing "New keys", you will be asked to specify the following
- the application name (very important in case of connectors you want to share with others)
- the application description (i.e. its purpose, mandatory for featured apps in the integrations catalog)
- the developer name (the name or the email address of a reference person)
- Finally, press "Request keys" and you will be redirected to a list of apps that also shows the corresponding keys.
**If you have a whitelabel account, you won't have access to this page. In this case you must request a "developer" MailUp account and get the keys using it. As stated in the previous paragraph, API keys are not tied to a specific MailUp account, so you are free to use them with an account that is not the one you used to create them