This menu allows you to create a new list and to complete its setup.
There are 5 tabs in this section: let's see them in detail:
Before proceeding to set all the parameters, you have here a very useful tool that you can use if you plan to setup the new list as an existing one: "Copy settings from...". You find this option at the bottom of the screen under the tab "Configuration": just select the list from which you want to copy the settings from the dropdown menu and press "Save".
Our system gives you the chance to compare your mailings to those of other companies in the same industry that use our system.
In order to allow the system to do that, you have to fill out these fields correctly:
- Message type: select here which type of messages you are sending from this list: newsletters, direct marketing messages, or transactional messages (i.e. alerts, reminders, notifications)
- Recipients: select if your mailing is directed to businesses or to consumers
- Industry: select from the dropdown menu the industry your company belongs to, for the benchmark analysis to be effective
- Description: enter a descritpion for this list (this is for internal use, it will not be viewed by the recipients).
Set here the following parameters:
- Email sender name: the person or entity that is sending the message. It could simply be your company name.
- "FROM" email: the email address that is sending the message. Make sure that it is a recognizable address (e.g. it uses your Web site domain)
- Header sender: enter an email address here if you want your message to be sent on behalf of that address.
- Reply-to: If your newsletter asks for a reply from the recipients, you may want the replies to be sent to a different address from the "FROM" email. Enter the reply-to address here: it must be a valid email address. If you leave the field blank, the "FROM" address will be used.
- SMS sender name: the person or entity that is sending the text message. It could simply be your company name.
A section in the admin console that allows you to enable/disable some automated messages:
- Email subscription confirmation message: the system sends an email message each time a recipient confirms the subscription. The link provided will lead you to Notifications > Welcome email, where you will be able to modify it using the built-in editor;
- SMS subscription confirmation message: the system sends a text message each time a recipient confirms the subscription. The link provided will lead you to Notifications > Welcome SMS, where you will be able to modify the message sender number and body..
- Subscription confirmation request message: a message sent to new recipients to confirm their intent to subscribe.