About configuring the SMTP+ feature, server access and enabled users
Although it's technically not a requirement, we recommend that you create a new List in your MailUp account to be used for SMTP+. Messages, statistics, and other settings will be easier to manage that way.
Once you have created a new List, you can start configuring SMTP+ in the List settings area.
The page Settings > List settings > SMTP+ > Settings displays the following information:
- data for SMTP+ configuration within your mail client: SMTP server address, port and type of encryption
- the list of the users that have been created (enabled or not) for SMTP+ message sending
- button for adding a new SMTP+ user
You can perform the following actions with regard to users:
- Edit: edit user settings (see below)
- Delete: delete a user enabled to SMTP+ message sending
- Add new user: create a new SMTP user through a menu that closely resembles the Edit menu
Within your client, you can configure the following ports: 23, 25, 26, 587 and all the ports from 1025 to 5000. On all the ports, you can have as an option the encryption through STARTTLS extension.
About creating and editing a SMTP+ user
You can also modify some parameters related to each SMTP+ user:
- Reset password: creates a new password associated to that user. Once it has been generated, the password cannot be read in any control panel. Anyway, it is possible to reset it as many times as desired.
- User status active: the selected user is active if the corresponding box has been checked.
- Priority: default priority associated to the user during SMTP+ message sending. The priority used by the system will be the higher between the priority associated to the user and the priority srt during the creation of the message.
- Note: You can insert here a brief note for internal use about the user that you have just created
- Authorized domains and authorized senders: authorized domains for SMTP+ message sending. If the email address (or its domain) used for sending is not among the indicated domains, the SMTP+ feature will create a Domain sender notification.
Notes on priority
All the messages sent from within the admin console have a default priority 3 - normal. When the messages sent using the SMTP+ feature are set with priority 1 - very high, these messages will be sent before any other messages, in first place in the sending queue. Scheduled messages or messages being sent are stopped for the time required to send the high priority messages, and then they resume when the bandwifth is available again.
- SMTP+ overview
- set the properties for the messages sent using the SMTP+ feature
- decide how to aggregate the data related to SMTP+ messages for statistical purposes
- set and customize the notifications sent by the SMTP+ feature to your users
- view the send status of SMTP+ messages