What SMTP+ is and when to use it
SMTP+ is a SMTP relay service built right into your MailUp account. SMTP+ makes MailUp a truly complete email delivery solution in that you can now use it not just to create and send email marketing campaigns and triggered messages, but also to send transactional, and personal emails. For example:
- You can configure your ecommerce store to use SMTP+ as the SMTP server to send transactional messages from the online store
- You can set your WordPress blog to do the same
- You can configure your email client (e.g. Outlook) to send messages through SMTP+
The main advantages of using a service like SMTP+ are higher deliverability and tracking. Let's take a closer look...
All emails will now go through MailUp, leveraging the system's high deliverability. Take an ecommerce Web site, for example. It typically sends emails through the Web hosting company's SMTP server. That server, however, may be used by companies that do not follow email marketing best practices, and might therefore suffer from a low reputation, with the result that emails end up in the Junk folder. Important messages such as an Order Confirmation message may never be seen by the customer. By switching to SMTP+, that online store will no longer be sending messages through the Web hosting company's SMTP server, but rather through MailUp, enjoying much higher deliverability.
Messages sent through SMTP+ are tracked. You can tell the system how to aggregate messages (e.g. based on the date, the message subject, the sender, etc.) and see
- Beta: SMTP+ is currently in Beta (as of December, 2012). We plan on removing the "Beta" label in the first quarter of 2013.
- Pricing: SMTP+ is part of your MailUp account. There are no additional fees.
Please refer to the following pages for details on how to...
- Configure SMTP+ feature, servers and users
- Set the properties for the messages sent using the SMTP+ feature
- Decide how to aggregate the data related to SMTP+ messages for statistical purposes
- Set and customize the alerts sent by SMTP+ to your users
- View the send status of SMTP+ messages
Configuring applications and email clients to use SMTP+