This section of your admin console allows you to choose a customizable template or to create a new one. It is divided into two areas:
The menu contains three dropdown menus: choose the template that fits your needs according to the kind of message you want to send. You can choose the type of message (newsletter, Rss, or retrieve a customized template), the color and the number of sections.
Of course, once you select a template, you will be able to fully edit it in the message editor.
There are two ways to create a new message template.
Creating a new template from scracth
Under Settings > List Settings > Templates > New
- Create a new template using the editor.
- The editor resembles that of a common word processor; the ? icon will help you learn more about the meaning of every feature.
- Insert the title, which is only shown to the system administrator, and set advanced options below the editor: categorize the template for an easy retrieval from the "List" menu. You can also add code to the BODY and HEAD tags.
- If you are using a template for RSS feeds, you can use the RSS tags mentioned here.
Creating a new template from an existing email
You can also create a template from an existing email message. Follow these steps:
- Locate an existing email message
- Edit it by selecting Edit from the action menu.
- On the message editing window, check the Save as template checkbox
- Make changes, if necessary, and save the message.
- You will be redirected to the Templates page.
- The new template is automatically categorized under the Custom templates. So you will need to select Show custom templates in the search form to locate it.
With mobile users becoming more and more common, using an email message that automatically adapts to the device on which it is read (responsive design) is getting more and more important. You can find a number of responsive design templates in the system, including the ones in the Fashion category.
From the MailUp blog
For more information on responsive templates, check out this blog post.