Product recommendations in email
Product recommendations can deliver a significant return on the investment when done right. Our partner 4-Tell is an expert in this field, and their experience has shown that introducing personalized product recommendations in emails can provide a substantial increase in clicks and conversions.
Read about it in the blog post that introduced the integration between MailUp and 4-Tell:
Work in progress
What you need
To take advantage of personalized product recommendations in your MailUp-powered emails, you will need:
- A MailUp account - Sign up for a free trial if you don't have one!
- A 4-Tell account - Contact 4-Tell and tell them you're a MailUp customer: you will receive 50% off the first month.
- An ecommerce store that can feed data both into MailUp and the 4-Tell system. If you are running a Magento-powered store, you are all set!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
How it works
Configuring product recommendations in the 4-Tell dashboard
If you need any help, please contact the 4-Tell team. They're happy to help.
In a nutshell:
- You will configure an HTML widget that displays some product recommendations
- You will set MailUp as the "target system": 4-Tell will configure the HTML code so that it's all ready for MailUp
Just give the 4-Tell team a call and they'll help you get all set up!
Using the HTML code in MailUp
Once you have the HTML code generated for MailUp by the 4-Tell system, you will simply:
- Log into your MailUp account
- Open any email message to edit it
- Switch to HTML view in the editor
- Paste the code
- That's it!
Here is an example of live, personalized product recommendations in a MailUp message built using one of MailUp's fashion templates.
We talked about the integration between 4-Tell and MailUp in a blog post in the fall of 2013.
MailUp customers that sign up for the 4-Tell service can get 50% off the first month of service. So testing out whether it can really increase your sales can be very inexpensive!