An introduction to filters
Filters allow you to segment your recipients based on a variety of conditions. The conditions can be based on:
- : data saved to the recipient's profile
- : actions that a recipient did or did not perform
- ; the approximate location of a recipient
- : the device that a recipient has used in the past
When filters are used
Filters are used for many different purposes in your MailUp admin console.
- They are shown in the advanced search options when you are looking for specific recipients
- They are also shown at the time you , allowing you to narrow the list of recipients that will receive your message
- They can be used to create . For example, you could move into a new group called "Male under 30 in NYC" every recipient that meets the filters "Male", "Under 30", and located in "New York" (assuming you saved that information in the recipients database)
- They can also be used to send targeted . For example, a "Thank You" note could be sent to customers that match the filter "Latest order date was 30 days ago" (the order date could be saved to the recipients database by using an )
- Finally, they can be used together with , another advanced feature that allows you to dynamically change the content of a message when certain conditions are met
All in all, filters are one of the most powerful feature in MailUp, and can allow you to run sophisticated marketing campaigns.
Filters and the Marketing+ package
Your MailUp account comes with a few, default filters. In order to be able to add and edit multiple filters, you will need to add the Marketing+ package to your account.