The "Pending" group contains all recipients who have yet to complete the double opt-in or reactivation process.
In the MailUp platform, the recipients are indicated with the term "pending":
- during the double opt-in process: the recipient has received a confirmation email but did not click on the link to confirm the subscription.
- during the inactive recipient management process: the recipient has received an automatic reactivation message, but has not yet confirmed the reactivation nor have they been permanently moved to the unsubscribed.
Suspended for inactive recipient management
Inactive recipients, when the option is active, receive an automatic reactivation message. As soon as they receive this message, the recipients are momentarily moved into the suspended recipients. At this point, they will be able to:
- return to active recipients, confirming their intention to receive further communications by clicking on the main button in the reactivation message,
- do not take any action and be permanently moved into the unsubscribed.
Suspended for not having completed the double opt-in process
A high number of pending recipients is an indication of a non-optimal registration confirmation message.
We recommend checking that:
- the subject of the message stimulates the action, eg: "Attention, you must confirm the registration!";
- the sender is easily identifiable the text is short and clear;
- there is only one link, the one to confirm the registration;
- the purpose is well explained.
Resend the request for confirmation of registration to the pending recipients
What you can do if you have many pending recipients is to send them back the confirmation email.
To do so, follow this procedure:
- (optional) From Configurations> List settings> Notifications, create a new confirmation email, inserting a link or a request confirmation button with the editor
- export suspended recipients by going to Recipients> Export, selecting "Pending" in the "Email Status" drop-down menu, and clicking "Export" at the bottom of the page;
- When the export is complete, save the file on your computer and unzip it;
- import the pending recipients again;
- go to Recipients> Import and select "Import CSV / TXT";
- in the first screen, upload the file you previously exported, select it and click "Next";
- in the second step, click on "Advanced" and check the option "Send confirmation email", where "Default" should be selected or an email previously created (see point 1).
- Once the import is complete, the pending recipients will receive a new confirmation email.
This operation is not recommended in cases where the registration form is not adequately protected, for example through CAPTCHA systems, as it could increase the likelihood of reports of abuse from users who have received the registration confirmation message but have not filled it in volunteer.