This section of your admin console allows you to choose a customizable template or to create a new one. It is divided into two areas:From: Messages > Email > Templates select
By clicking on the Bee icon you will start the creation of a new message and from there you will be able to select your templates.
There are 3 tabs that allows you to choose from different templates: Basic Templates, Rich templates, My templates
Select these templates and choose from a simple wireframe like one or two column. You will work on the content in the next step
Rich templates are a starting point for your message: select the one that better fits your needs and customize the content and the images within the template
In the third tab "My templates" tab you will find all the templates you have previously saved
Clicking the HTML templates tab you will navigate some categories where you can choose the template for your message
Below each template (as shown in the figure above) there are 4 icons:
- Preview the template
- Edit the template
- Delete the template
- Create your message from the selected template
Use the NEW TEMPLATE green button to create a new Html template from scratch
Creating a new template from an existing email
You can also create a template from an existing email message. Follow these steps:
With mobile users becoming more and more common, using an email message that automatically adapts to the device on which it is read (responsive design) is getting more and more important. You can find a number of responsive design templates in the system, including the ones in the Fashion category (Html templates)
All Bee's templates are responsive
For more information on responsive templates, check out this blog post.
Moving a template to a different list (html)
If you want to copy a template to another list, the easiest way is to copy and paste the html code.
- Load an existing template
- In the HTML editor, switch to HTML view and copy the code
- Create a new template in the List in which you wish to use it, switch to HTML view in the message editor and paste the HTML code that you just copied.
- Remember that you can also create a template from an existing email message, as mentioned above.
Moving a template to a different list (Bee)
When saving a template with Bee you have the option to save it to different lists
Let's see the Drag & Drop templates section in detail.
You can choose between:
- Basic templates, they are basically wireframes for your new message
- Rich templates, they contain sample content to give you some design ideas
- My templates, they are previously saved custom templates
In a templates list, you have four possible actions:
- create a message starting from the template by clicking the preview or the button
- edit a template using the button (if you edit a basic or rich template, you can only save it as a custom template)
- preview the template by clicking the button
- delete the template using the button
Copying a template to a different list
When saving a template with BEE, you have the option to share it with other lists.