- Field ID: a numeric identifier
- Field name: choose a name that easily defines which kind of data the field contains
- Default value*: is used when a message is sent, if the field is inserted into the message as a dynamic field. If the field is empty for one or more recipients, the default value is used when the message is sent out to those recipients.
- Dynamic field (Y/N): if set to Yes, the field will be available in the list of fields that can be inserted into a message using the corresponding feature in the message editor when adding or editing a message
- Required field (Y/N): if set to Yes, the field will be considered a required field on subscription forms that use the default form field validation code that is included in MailUp.
* The Default value:
The action menu on the right side allows you to:
Recipient fields are used in a variety of scenarios.
- you can use them to add dynamic tags to your messages (e,g. Dear and the customer's first name).
- you can map them to a import file's columns when importing data into MailUp
- you can use them on subscription forms and profile update forms to collect additional information on your subscribers
- you can take advantage of them when integrating MailUp with other applications