With MailUp you can easily create a new personalized form with a drag-&-drop form builder. You only have to choose the elements you want to add (text areas, drop-down menus, buttons, checkboxes) and drop them in your form. In the image here below you can see an example of a form made to inform users about the next concerts according to their music preferences.
Create a new subscription form in 7 quick steps:
- Insert the form name and a description
- Drag elements from the column on the right and drop them in your form
- Modify the content of each element by clicking on the pencil icon, as shown in the image above
- Select the form style
- Take a look at the preview
- Save the form
- Get the code and paste it into your website. Or, choose to use a page in MailUp and get the link.
All forms created using the editor contain HTML5 markup. If you choose to use the version hosted in MailUp, this will also include a personalized CSS, that transforms the form into a responsive one, optimized for smartphones and tablets.
- Create an HTML copy of your form by selecting "Create an HTML copy" in the form menu on the right, in the saved forms area.
- Edit the List name and use a more friendly name, not the one used in MailUp.
- Edit the Group name and use a more friendly name, not the one used in MailUp.
- The tool asks you to confirm before deleting the form.
Inside the form, you can add different multiple choice fields. If the allowed answer is only one, you can use the “Button Radio” (recommended when the options are few) or the “Dropdown menu” element. Vice-versa, if the user is allowed to select more than one answer, you can use the “Checkbox” element.
Once you dragged the element inside the form, in the “Settings” tab, you can write down the answers from which the user needs to choose, using the “Option to show” section. To separate each option use the carriage return (Enter button from you keyboard).
These answers will be saved in every recipient profile, more specific, in the recipient field selected from the “Settings” tab. You can save a different information rather than the one shown to the user in the recipient field; this could come in help when the choice option text is longer than 200 characters or if you need to preserve the data consistency in a recipient field.
How to save in the recipient profile a different text from the one shown in the form?
Inside the “Option to show” text you can write the Choice || Value pair where:
- “Choice” is the text shown in the form:
- “Value” is the substitutive data that will be saved in the recipient field of the recipient profile.
For example, by writing Italian || IT:
- “Italian” will be shown in the form as a choice option for the user;
- “IT” will be saved in the recipient field instead of “Italian”.
To write down a list of elements, it will be necessary to write:
Italian || IT
France || FR
Spain || ES
Anchor checkbox checkbox
- By using the Lists element you can select which lists you want to show to your subscribers, in this way they will be able to select which type of communications they want to receive (e.g. someone can decide to receive only Newsletters and not special offers).
Hidden groups are not visible in the form and allow to add subscribers to a certain group.
Use hidden groups to create a group containing all your users that have filled in your form. Lately, you will be able to activate a dedicated campaign to thank them with a promo code.
Currently, it is only possible to use add as hidden groups, groups available in the current list. If you are creating a multi-list form, you will not be able to use the hidden groups element.