- In an Activity filter, all conditions based on activity (or inactivity) by the recipient
- You can connect multiple conditions ad sub-conditions using the Boolean operators AND & OR (e.g. did not click on any messages between January and June AND subscribed before January). Learn more about how to set the conditions in a filter.
- The Link field can be used to narrow the filter to recipients that clicked on a specific link, and therefore can be used only when the Action is Clicked On
- Opened or did not open
- Clicked or did not click
- Subscribed on or unsubscribed
- Unsubscribed on
- Whom you sent the specified message in the last / exactly N days (up to a maximum of 15 days. Selecting the condition "exactly" the maximum value admitted will be 14 since it also counts the starting day)
- Whom you successfully sent the specified message in message in the last / exactly N days (up to a maximum of 15 days. Selecting the condition "exactly" the maximum value admitted will be 14 since it also counts the starting day)
- Whom you did not send in the last 4/7/15 dayslast / exactly N days (up to a maximum of 15 days. Selecting the condition "exactly" the maximum value admitted will be 14 since it also counts the starting day)
- Who did not receive... (due to hard bounces or not due to a hard bounce)
at least one action
- less than 5 actions
- less than 10 actions
- 10 or more actions
- Generated a soft bounce error (to know more about Soft Bounces, click here)
- Received or did not receive Welcome message
- Whom you sent / successfully sent / didn't send / the specified SMS in the last 15 days
- Who did not receive an SMS
- Who did not receive an SMS (Expired / Rejected)
The Messages drop-down contains a list of messages that have been sent, and also contains the option Any.
You can also decide to only select messages that contain specific Tags. This is a useful tool to evaluate your audience interest on a specific campaign (maybe your audience is interested in messages that include "Cars" tags. By knowing this you could send them a specific promo for car lovers).
The date fields allow you to specify a date range for which the condition applies.
An example: a re-engagement filter
Click on Save to save the new filter.
When you enter a URL in the Link filed, the system performs a "like" match on the URL to determine if the recipient had clicked or had not clicked on it. This means that it will find a match even if the link contained some link tracking code, but you do not enter the link tracking code in the filter. For example, if the link in the email was "http://www.myCompany.com?utm_source=email", but you only enter "
Activity filters now have an hour-based condition to more effectively run time-sensitive drip campaigns, such as shopping cart abandonment emails. To know more, check the example here