Table of Contents maxLevel 3 exclude Overview
What it does
- Visitors to your WordPress-powered blog or Web site will be able to subscribe to your newsletter using a configurable sign-up form. Their information will be saved in your MailUp account.
- You will use your MailUp admin console to manage those subscribers, create and send messages to them, view statistics on sent messages, and more.
- The MailUp plugin supports the recommended 'confirmed opt-in' subscription method (i.e. subscriber receives an email with a confirmation link that has to be clicked to confirm the subscription). This method ensures that spam traps or wrong email addresses are never added to your list.
- The unsubscription process will be managed automatically by MailUp (e.g. unsubscribe link in the footer of your messages).
- MailUp supports SMS (text messaging) too, so you can choose to collect a mobile phone number as well.
- It also supports sign-up via a social networking account (additional fees apply: see the MailUp web site for details).
How to use it
- Signup for a free trial (no credit card required): English / Italiano
- Create one or more Lists (e.g. two WordPress sites: you will create two Lists in MailUp).
- Install the plugin in your WordPress admin area, as described below
- Configure settings such as the header, footer, message templates, confirmation request email, welcome message, etc.
- Visitors to your Web site will start signing up, and you will be able to track the subscription trend over time in your MailUp admin console.
- Create and send email and/or text (SMS) messages to your subscribers.
- Use the NEW MESSAGE FROM RSS feature to create a newsletter from RSS feeds (a list of recent articles from your WordPress-powered blog). Just select the posts and choose a template and priority. You will be able to edit the newsletter after it has been automatically created, before you send it, without any copying and pasting.
- MailUp automatically manages the unsubscribe process and gives you access to statistics down to the individual recipient level (opens, clicks, social sharing, etc.)