- Signup for a free trial (no credit card required): English / Italiano
- Create one or more Lists (e.g. two WordPress sites: you will create two Lists in MailUp).
- Install the plugin in your WordPress admin area, as described below
- Configure settings such as the header, footer, message templates, confirmation request email, welcome message, etc.
- Visitors to your Web site will start signing up, and you will be able to track the subscription trend over time in your MailUp admin console.
- Create and send email and/or text (SMS) messages to your subscribers.
- Use the NEW MESSAGE FROM RSS feature to create a newsletter from RSS feeds (a list of recent articles from your WordPress-powered blog). Just select the posts and choose a template and priority. You will be able to edit the newsletter after it has been automatically created, before you send it, without any copying and pasting.
- MailUp automatically manages the unsubscribe process and gives you access to statistics down to the individual recipient level (opens, clicks, social sharing, etc.)
Installing the MailUp
Plugin for WordPress
Please view the video tutorial below:
Widget Connector width 560 url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JT6NofM9nM
Sign-in to your WordPress admin account from your website or blog.
View the Plugins tab and Click on “Add New.”
Search for the "MailUp" plugin on the search tab.
Click on “install now.” and click "yes" to confirm.
Click on "Activate plugin."
Go to the the Appearance section and click on the widgets tab. You can see all the available widgets including the MailUp one.
Drag the MailUp widget into the main sidebar.
You can now go to your website and check that the MailUp newsletter plugin is installed.
For additional details, view the MailUp plugin on the WordPress Plugin directory.
Configuring the plugin
After installing the plugin as described above, access the WordPress administration panel and select Settings > WP MailUp in the left-side navigation menu.
- Configure "WP MailUp" plugin through admin page. Please use "?"
- buttons to obtain help when something is not clear. No file editing required.
- Open MailUp console and register IP address of your server (go to "Manage->Web service" and then select "frontend" in the dropdown menu to insert IP address of your server. More than one address could be registered)
Configuring the plugin
The setup page will be displayed.
- First, select the Plugins Editor in the WordPress administration area...
- Select “WP-MailUp” from the drop-down menu
- A list of files will be displayed, including 4 CSS documents: “style1.css”, “style2.css”, “style3.css”, “style4.css”.
- Select a file to modify it.
- Click on "Update File" to save your modifications. We recommend that you backup the code before making any changes. If you don't see the "Update File" button, you probably don't have sufficient permissions in your WordPress installation. Contact your WordPress site administrator.
- The form is identified by the selector “#subscribeForm” in the CSS document
- Make sure that any style you add or modify uses the “#subscribeForm” selector to avoid conflicting with other styles, which could negatively affect the rest of your Web site
FAQs and Troubleshooting
Do I have to be a MailUp customer to useit
You must have activated a MailUp console (a regular one or a 30 days trial) and then specify console URL in plugin settings. On MailUp you must enable requests coming from the server that hosts your WordPress site (go to "Manage->Web service" and then select "frontend" in the dropdown menu to insert IP address of your server. More than one address could be registered).
How can I configure my plugin?
Go to admin panel, press "Settings" and then select "WP MailUp". Fill in or check all the fields using the help buttons if something is not clear.
How can I check if my plugin is working?
Just fill in the required fields and press the SEND button to subscribe. Specified The specified contact will be added in the MailUp distribution list specified in system settings
How often do I have to change configuration?
In most of cases configuration is set once and no more changes are required.I would change plugin appearance: how can I do
Once the configuration is setup, can I make any changes/updates?
Yes, you can modify any of the sections ("General Data", "User Lists", "User Fields", "Errors" and "Terms and Conditions") and update the information.
How can I change the appearance of the plugin?
You can select between four (4) available styles (CSS), if no one matches with your need you can edit one of existing CSS files (style1.css, ..., style4.css). Please note that editing is allowed only for users who have read/write access to those files.May I have a one-click
Can subscribers sign-upusing
to my newsletter through a social account (ie
Yes, MailUp provides a simple integration with all the most used social networks. You could insert into your web site a simple banner "Click here to subscribe to our newsletter using your Facebook account". This features is a standard one and you don't need to install any plugin, just activate a MailUp account.
Is it possible to translate this plugin?
Yes, just edit each string within the settings panel. No need to edit any file. MailUp supports all the charsets.
should I use this plugin and not other services, like feedburner?
MailUp allows you to take control on of subscribers (view, import, edit, delete, export) and on of messages (define scheduling, content and recipients).
Can I disable the plugin?
Yes, just delete reference to console host.. Click on the Plugins tab and click on "deactivate."
Configuration seems to be correct, but plugin alwaysreturn
returns a "generic error" message.
Starting from v.7.4, MailUp introduces introduced a security restriction that allows only calls from servers whose IP address is registered on MailUp console (go to "Manage->Web service" and then select "frontend" in the dropdown menu to start registering IP). More than one address could be registered. Even if it is not recommended, you can disable this restriction by deselecting "IP address check enabled" option.