Adding an unsubscribe link to a MailUp message is extremely easy. You can do so using the corresponding feature in our email editors, or by entering the following in the HTML source code:
What happens after the recipient clicks on the unsubscribe link is based on the List settings for that list.
The MailUp system allows to extract the list of unsubscribers you to export unsubscribed recipients (Recipients > Unsubscribed): this list can be exported as an Excel file containing the date and time of the unsubscription.
The list of unsubscribers can also be exported via a customized, FTP batch procedure .
Once the user clicks the unsubscribe link, the process can be managed in 4 ways:
- Custom double opt-out
- Single opt-out
- Standard double opt-out
- Opt-out page managed by the customer
- Have a notice sent via email to the MailUp administrator (this option can be set at the page Settings > Edit lists > pencil icon > Show advanced options) to inform that a certain user unsubscribed from a certain list. An email is sent in real time for each unsubscription;
- View unsubscribers list and export it as an Excel file;
- Have a notice sent via email to the user who unsubscribed (this option can be set at the page Settings > Edit lists > pencil icon > Show advanced options);
- Get the unsubscribers list via Batch FTP mode (updated every night);
- Activate Postoperations, i.e. call a freely customizable procedure on the customer's side that receives the unsubscriber's personal data. E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org&id=2342342&...
For further information on how to manage the unsubscribe process please see: http://support.mailup.com/KB/a247/how-to-manage-the-unsubscribe-process.aspx(a setup fee may apply to configure this additional option).
Once a recipient unsubscribes...
Once a recipient has unsubscribed, the following can happen:
- You can turn on an email notification in the List settings
- You can turn on an email notification to the recipient that just unsubscribed (not recommended and not an email marketing best practice). This is also done in the list settings.
- You can search, view, and export unsubscribed recipients in the admin console
- You can activate webhooks that can trigger an action in another system (including unsubscribing the same recipient from another List in MailUp)