An Introduction to Profile Updates
You can use the Profile Updates feature to create forms that will allow recipients to add or update personal information (e.g. gender, location, etc.) or answer additional questions that may allow you to better segment them (e.g. by assignment them to groups).
The goal is to have more information on your recipients, so that you can send them messages that are more relevant to them.
- Add a new profile update form
- View existing profile update forms
- Edit an existing profile update form
- Personalize the hosted page that displays messages (e.g. "Thanks for updating your profile!")
- Personalize the email that is sent to access a "private" form
Here is an example of a simple Profile Update form:
When Profile Updates are used
Profile update forms can be used in a variety of circumstance. For example:
- Ask recipients to add information to their profile to take advantage of an offer or promotion (e.g. add your birth day and month and receive an automatic discount on your birthday)
- Ask recipients to review and update the information that's already on file
- Ask recipients to specify additional interests they may have (e.g. by offering them to check topics that interest them, where the topics are Groups in the selected List)
- ... and many more scenarios
Profile update forms are a fundamental tool in your effort to build a richer recipients database, which will allow you to better segment your customers and send them messages that they are more likely to be interested in.
Profile Updates and the Marketing+ package
Your MailUp account comes with one, default profile update form. In order to be able to add and edit multiple profile update forms, you will need to add the Marketing+ package to your account.