How to obtain your MailUp API credentials
You will need your MailUp API credentials to connect an integrated application to your MailUp account (e.g. WordPress, Magento, etc.), or to make an API call to MailUp.
- Your API credentials are different from your MailUp account login credentials
- You can obtain these credentials by logging into your MailUp console, as described below
- You will also need to authorize your application by adding its IP address(es) to your MailUp account
The MailUp API credentials consist of:
API Endpoint URL
API calls are made to a URL that consists of the first part of the web address to your MailUp admin console. This URL is unique for each MailUp account.
Log into your MailUp admin console and look at the browser address field. It will look something likeor
2: The WS User Name is your API user name. It starts with the letter "a" followed by your numeric account number.
For your internet and application security, enter a strong password (6-8 characters long, case-sensitive, include special characters) in the password field and click on Save.
Enabling the API and authorizing your IP address
For each of the selections in the Web Services drop-down menu:
Make sure the Enabled is checked
- Make sure that IP address check Enabled is checked
- Add the IP addresses of the Web sites / applications from which you will be making API calls to both WSMailUpImport and FrontEnd services.
Locating a Web site's IP address
For current MailUp 7 customers, please view the video tutorial: