With MailUp 8.6.1 you can now fix urls added within your message
When do I need this feature?
"Help I put the wrong link!"
The common scenario I want to use this feature is the following:
- Message is sent: mailing has been completed
- Wrong link is discovered
- Sender would like to be able to fix the link
How does it work?
- From your admin tool: Settings > account settings > Developer's corner then click on FIX URL tab
- Click on the"plus" icon
3. Add the old and the new url
Remember to use http:// before the url
- If the "include parameters" option is checked then url like http://email@example.com¶m1=73¶m2=234234 becomes http://firstname.lastname@example.org¶m1=73¶m2=234234
- If the "include parameters" option is not checked then url like http://email@example.com¶m1=73¶m2=234234 becomes http://www.mailup.com/welcome.aspx
4. Click on the Activate URL replacement button
- The algorithm searches for the text in the first text box and replace it with the text of the second text box
- URLs must be complete with the indication of the protocol (eg http://www.mailup.it)
- After clicking the button "Activate URL replacement" MailUp checks if the domains are blacklisted by Spamhaus and / or SURBL). The check is done when the URL is saved. There are no periodic checks on the url specified for replacement
- You can specify up to 60 substitutions
- URL's replacement doesn't last forever. Once the URL is saved it last for 60 days