Enabling and editing the Welcome email
Use this feature to enable or disable a Welcome email sent to a newly subscribed recipient.
- Default value is OFF. Clicking the ON button far to the right enables the feature and allows you to use the editor to edit the message.
- The email is sent immediately after the new subscriber confirms his/her subscription
For a complete overview of how the built-in editor works, go to this page.
Email marketing tip
Read this interesting article for suggestions on how to optimize your welcome email
Welcome email and confirmed opt-in subscription method
The Welcome email is only sent when a pending subscribers confirms his or her subscription That is, it is sent when the confirmed opt-in (also called double opt-in) subscription method is used.
- Somebody asks to subscribe
- The Subscription Confirmation Request message is sent to that email address
- The recipient confirms his/her intent to subscribe
- The Welcome email is immediately sent, if turned ON.
Now, if you are adding subscribers using one of the subscription forms that are available in the system or the subscription form builder, you're good to go.
- The double opt-in subscription method is used by default by those forms
- It is an email marketing best practice and we strongly encourage it
- Because of that, it cannot be turned off in MailUp
There are some scenarios, however, in cui a single opt-in may make sense. For this reason, there are some methods of the MailUp API that allow it, and some applications integrated with MailUp that offer the option to use it.
Remember, however, that if you are using the single opt-in method, the Welcome email will not be sent.