With MailUp you can easily create a new personalized form with a drag-&-drop form builder. You only have to choose the elements you want to add (text areas, drop-down menus, buttons, checkboxes) and drop them in your form. In the image here below you can see an example of a form made to inform users about the next concerts according to their music preferences.
Create a new subscription form in 7 quick steps:
- Insert the form name and a description
- Drag elements from the column on the right and drop them in your form
- Modify the content of each element by clicking on the pencil icon, as shown in the image above
- Select the form style
- Take a look at the preview
- Save the form
- Get the code and paste it into your website. Or, choose to use a page in MailUp and get the link.
All forms created using the editor contain HTML5 markup. If you choose to use the version hosted in MailUp, this will also include a personalized CSS, that transforms the form into a responsive one, optimized for smartphones and tablets.
- Create an HTML copy of your form by selecting "Create an HTML copy" in the form menu on the right, in the saved forms area.
- Edit the List name and use a more friendly name, not the one used in MailUp.
- Edit the Group name and use a more friendly name, not the one used in MailUp.
- The tool asks you to confirm before deleting the form.
- You can add an element that shows different answer options, select "Checkbox", for multiple choices answer, and "Radio buttons" for a single choice.
- By using the Lists element you can select which lists you want to show to your subscribers, in this way they will be able to select which type of communications they want to receive (e.g. someone can decide to receive only Newsletters and not special offers).
Hidden groups are not visible in the form and allow to add subscribers to a certain group.
Use hidden groups to create a group containing all your users that have filled in your form. Lately, you will be able to activate a dedicated campaign to thank them with a promo code.
Currently, it is only possible to use add as hidden groups, groups available in the current list. If you are creating a multi-list form, you will not be able to use the hidden groups element.
Group or List?
Groups are a subset of recipients (typically subscribers) within a List. Recipients can belong to multiple groups (similarly to “Categories” in MS Outlook). A group can be created, edited, or deleted at any time. The recipients that it contains will not be affected. When importing recipients, you can specify one or more groups that they should be assigned to. Groups are List-specific: they will not be visible in other Lists.
Unlike filters, Groups allow you to create static segments of recipients. If a recipient is added to the Group "Subscribed on Facebook", the recipient will stay assigned to the Group until removed.
Lists (or Environments)
A List - also referred to as an Environment - is an independent set of messages, settings, statistics, filters, events, groups, subscribers, unsubscribed recipients, etc.
You can create multiple Lists in the platform, as long as your account has purchased that feature and as long as your user has the rights to do so.
Groups are a static segment within a List. Therefore, Groups are always a subset of the recipients that exist in a List.
The reCAPTCHA is a service that protects your form from spam and abuse that consists of asking one or more questions when an atypical behavior is detected. It protects users from spam and password decryption by asking them to complete a simple test that proves that the user is a human being and not a computer trying to break an account.
We call it "invisible" because it is activated when an atypical behavior is detected.
The invisible reCAPTCHA is by default enabled in forms.
Please note that if the invisible reCAPTCHA is enabled, the form won't be embeddable in a website.
How to share the form
You can use and share the form in the following ways:
- via URL generated after saving the form
- generating a button to insert on your site (Generate button)
- generating the code to insert on your site (Save and generate code)
To facilitate the grouping of new contacts, your form subscribers will be saved in a group created automatically when the form is saved.
The group available in the Recipients> Groups> Groups area and will be identified with the initial part of the form name (this name cannot be changed).
In this group will be inserted all the contacts who fill out the registration form.