40 custom recipient fields
The MailUp platform has 40 custom fields available: they are called Recipient fields. There are several that are set up by default (and that you can certainly edit), and you can add new ones.
The recipient fields can be found under Settings > Account settings > Recipient fields
Manage recipient fields
Use this menu to configure the parameters of existing recipient fields, and to add new ones.
The page contains five columns with recipient fields data:
- Field ID: a numeric identifier
- Field name: choose a name that easily defines which kind of data the field contains
- Default value: you can set a default value: whenever a new recipient is added, the field will be populated with the default value, if any
- Dynamic field (Y/N): if set to Yes, the field will be available in the list of fields that can be inserted into a message using the corresponding feature in the message editor when adding or editing a message
- Required field (Y/N): if set to Yes, the field will be considered a required field on subscription forms that use the default form field validation code that is included in MailUp.
The action menu on the right side allows you to:
- Edit the recipient field: you will be able to edit the parameters mentioned above.
- Empty it in the recipients database: this is a dangerous feature, so be careful when using it. It will remove the values stored in that field for all recipients currently in the recipients database. For example, if you empty the First name field, all the First names will be removed
Use of recipients fields
Recipient fields are used in a variety of scenarios.