As explained in the section describing Configuration, to set up an automatic import procedure in MailUp the following details have to be previously agreed upon.
- Credentials to access the shared sFTP repository
- Filename (or regular expression to match multiple file names)
- How often and at what time of day to schedule the import (only in case you are using your FTP space. In the case of MailUp's sFTP space the import will be executed as soon as you upload the file)
- Incremental or full import
- Correspondence between fields in the file and personal data fields in the MailUp console, and correct mapping
- Possible requirements on fields format (e.g. fixed length)
- Destination list (if not specified in the file)
- Destination group (optional, if not specified in the file)
- Opt-in and opt-out settings
- Channels (emails and/or text messages)
- Precautions to avoid any modification of the file during import
- Procedures for checking the accuracy of the import process
Configuration is usually agreed using a sample file and a survey (where you indicate the needs of your Data Sync import) that the customer sends to the MailUp account manager.
Should you need any further information or custom integrations please do not hesitate to contact your account manager.