Data Sync FTP synchronization is a file exchange between the customer's system and MailUp, usually in .csv format. This exchange takes place by means of the FTP protocol (available as sFTP and FTPs as well, on request).
Once the synchronization has been set up, every time you will upload a file in the common space (on the MailUp FTP space) the automatic file exchange process will be executed (Data Sync Import). On request you can use your FTP space and decide how often and at what time the automatic file import process will be executed.
You can decide how often and at what time the automatic file export process will be executed (Data Sync Export).
As this synchronization can go in both directions (i.e. from the your system to MailUp and vice versa), it can be set up in one direction only or both, depending on your needs.
What it is used for
Data Sync synchronization allows to automate the following processes:
- Moving to MailUp the recipients list taken from a file provided by the customer and importing it to a MailUp list
- Extracting from MailUp a list of unsubscribes and saving it in a file stored in a repository shared with the customer
- Extracting from MailUp statistics down to the user and to the message level (opens and clicks) and saving them in a file stored in a repository shared with the customer
- Extracting the data at (2) and (3) in a single file
- Extracting statistics on SMS (text messages) delivery and saving them in a file stored in a repository shared with the customer
- Extracting a list of subscribers in MailUp and saving it in a file stored in a repository shared with the customer
- every day at 4 am, the customer's system exports a .csv file containing the latest update for the recipients' personal data, to be moved to MailUp.
- Once the file has been stored to the common space, MailUp accesses the file via FTP protocol and imports its content to a predefined list.
- The columns in the CSV file match MailUp's personal data fields, so that they can update the MailUp database.
- At 5 am a procedure extracts unsubscribers and statistics and saves them in separate files stored in a repository shared with the customer
Please not that this example refers to a synchronization in both directions, but as explained above it can be set up in one direction only too.
Enabling FTP-based data synchronization on your account
FTP-based data synchronization is not available by default, but our technicians can set it up for you upon request, contact your account manager to get a quote.
To have a data synchronization set up, you need to have an active MailUp account (not a free trial) and define the details with our Support Team.
Import and export
Should you need any further information or custom integrations please do not hesitate to contact your account manager.